Welcome to my blog, there will be nothing but movie reviews and film related content here. I try and review a wide variety of films, from old to new, and throw in film reviews from the current year as well. All comments are appreciated here, I will reply as soon as possible, and feel free to follow!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Hayao Miyazaki Marathon

I will be reviewing every Miyazaki film ever made. This will only include the full length films, no mini series or shorts, just movies. I have only seen four of his films, and I feel that they are all excellent, and I thought this was a good excuse to watch all of his movies. Starting Saturday most likely, I will review one of his films every day until I have seen and reviewed all of them, in which I will then write a post dedicated to only the great Miyazaki himself. However, knowing me I will probably get side tracked and all that good stuff, but I am at least going to attempt this, as it is my first marathon. I hope everyone enjoys!

7 comments:

  1. This is a great idea Matt. I have watched a lot of Miyazaki films. He is such a great director. Probably my favorite when it comes to animated films. I'm excited about your reviews. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! Good idea - the only one I've seen is Grave of the Fireflies, and that was beautiful but harrowing. I look forward to this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Matt very Nice and i look forward to your reviews... And also i am cosplaying Princess Mononoke in my Picture here with my girlfriend as San.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jericho - He is probably my favorite too, though I will not kow for sure until I see all of his works. Thanks for reading!

    Ruth - Thanks Ruth!

    Jesse P - Thanks Jesse, hope you enjoy. Lol that's pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does this mean you're building an enviable Ghibli collection at the same time?

    ReplyDelete